2018 Toyota Highlander XLE vs. Limited Platinum Trim Comparison in Tinley Park, IL
You’ve done your research, so surely you’ve realized the new 2018 Toyota Highlander is the ideal SUV to keep up with your family’s active lifestyle. But have you decided on a trim level that can meet your specific needs? Two exciting options worth considering are the XLE and Limited Platinum trim packages, available at Orland Toyota. Read on to discover how the new Highlander XLE vs. Limited Platinum trim can take your daily drive to the next level.
2018 Toyota Highlander XLE vs. Limited Platinum: Similarities
Regardless of which new Highlander trim level you choose, you’ll enjoy impressive capability, innovative technology, and highly practical convenience features. Both trim packages provide seating for up to seven passengers standard, but should you need additional seating, eight passenger models are available. No matter where the road takes you, you and your loved ones will stay comfortable, connected, and protected. Learn more about the similarities these two trim levels share below.
- Both trims have a fuel economy rating of 21 city/27 highway MPG.
- The XLE and Limited Platinum models both feature a 5L V6 DOHC engine with Stop and Start engine technology that can produce nearly 300 horsepower and more than 260 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Both the XLE and Limited Platinum can tow up to 5,000 lbs.
- The XLE and Limited Platinum both come standard with Star Safety System™*, Toyota Safety Sense™ P*, and ToyotaCare*.
- The Highlander XLE and Highlander Limited Platinum have Hill Start Assist Control, Blind Spot Monitor, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
- Both Highlander trims feature halogen projector-beam headlights, Daytime Running Lights, and integrated fog lights.
- Three-zone automatic climate control can be enjoyed in both the XLE and Limited Platinum.
* Star Safety System™ includes Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Brake Assist, and Smart Stop Technology
* Toyota Safety Sense™ P includes Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Automatic High Beams and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
* ToyotaCare features a no cost maintenance plan with roadside assistance
2018 Toyota Highlander XLE vs. Limited Platinum: Differences
Before you decide whether the Toyota Highlander XLE or Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum trim package best fits your needs, you should be aware of their differences. The XLE features more cargo space than the Limited Platinum trim, 83.2 cu. ft. compared to 78.6 cu. ft. The Limited Platinum trim level features several upgraded amenities inside and out, as well as additional safety features. View additional differences between these two Highlander trim packages below.
- The XLE has 18-in. turbine-looking alloy wheels with painted finish. The Limited Platinum has 19-in. five-spoke dark Chromtec® alloy wheels.
- The Limited Platinum trim level has front and rear bumper chrome accents.
- Both the XLE and Limited Platinum have heated, power leather-trimmed seats, but the Limited Platinum seats are also ventilated and have driver’s seat memory feature.
- The Highlander XLE has a power tilt/slide moonroof, while the Limited Platinum comes with a panoramic moonroof.
- Take advantage of the bird’s eye view camera of the Limited Platinum trim package, a feature not available on the XLE.
- Inside the Highlander XLE, you’ll enjoy the Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite*. In the Limited Platinum, you’ll love the Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite*.
- The Limited Platinum trim level comes standard with Safety Connect®* and Rear Parking Assist Sonar, features not available on the XLE trim level.
* Safety Connect® includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance, and Automatic Collision Notification
* Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite includes Entune™ Multimedia Bundle, eight-in. touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, six speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, and phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, Siri® Eyes Free, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, HD Radio™, and Gracenote® album cover art
* Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite includes all features of the Entune™ Premium Audio system, plus 12 JBL® GreenEdge™ speakers and and HD Radio™ Predictive Traffic and Doppler Weather overlay
2018 Toyota Highlander XLE vs. Limited Platinum: Incentives & Price Difference
When deciding to purchase a new 2018 Highlander, taking prices into account is important. The XLE has a starting MSRP of $38,920, and the Limited Platinum has a starting MSRP of $45,200. For fantastic deals on your next Toyota SUV, head over to our Toyota incentives page.
Schedule a Test Drive in Tinley Park, IL!
Why wait any longer to see how the 2018 Highlander XLE vs. Highlander Limited Platinum trim packages can tackle all of your family’s adventures? Schedule a test drive at our Toyota dealership in Tinley Park, IL to get behind the wheel today! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Orland Toyota team through our contact form or by calling (708) 429-3900.